Legally Kidnapped

Shattering Your Child Welfare Delusions Since 2007


Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Turnaround Looms in Federal Funding to Prevent Child Abuse

Turnaround Looms in Federal Funding to Prevent Child Abuse

When Roberta found out she was pregnant for the third time, she was still struggling with the abandonment she'd felt after her mother placed her in foster care as a teenager and signed away her rights. She'd recently left a violent relationship and didn't have a stable place to live. Both her daughters had also been placed in the same foster care system she'd recently left. "I was crying every day that my children were in care because I knew the feelings of worthlessness you have when you need love from someone that doesn't return it. I knew what the outcome was for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guess what

It Could Happen To You